I love to communicate via photography, the spoken word, poetry, writing & painting!
I’m a ‘born Introvert’ however over the past 25 years through getting involved in club committees, becoming involved in Toastmasters International and through the support of my wife I have gained more confidence around people and am probably now an ‘Ambivert.’
- Married to Susan Johnson for 20 years.
- Communication Strategist for Solutions4Growth / Photographer @ Light Inspired
- Public Speaker
PHOTOGRAPHY: Since 1982
- Light Inspired; Fine Art Photography since 2012
- Macarthur Photographic Society Inc member 1986 – 2014
- Photographic Judge: up to National level since 1995
- Southern Highlands Photographic Society Inc (founding member) 2004 – 2016
- Sydney International Exhibition: A 1st Place & Acceptances over a 10 year period
- Sutherland Shire National: A 3rd Place plus Acceptances over a 10 year period
- Macarthur Photographic Society /Southern Highlands Photographic Society: Various Club awards including Top Shot (5); Image of the Year, Photographer of the Year (3)
- MPS Club record holder (204) for Merits for Slides as well as other Club awards.
PUBLIC SPEAKING: Joined Toastmasters International as a way to improve my presentation skills as a photographic judge and gain more confidence generally. It has positively affected my life in many different ways.
TOASTMASTERS INTERNATIONAL: Since 2008
Current level: Advanced Communicator Silver/Advanced Leader Bronze
- Campbelltown Toastmasters 2008 – 2014
- President; Immediate Past President; VP Education; VP Membership; VP Public Relations; Youth Leadership Co-ordinator
- Club & Area 22 International Speech Contest Winner for 2013 & 2014
- The Grange Toastmasters 2015 – 2016
- Camden Toastmasters – joined 2014
- Vice-President Public Relations 2017/2018
- Co-Sponsor of a new Toastmaster Club in Area 22 scheduled to open in 2008
- Serving on an HPL (High-Performance Leadership) Guidance Committee 2017/2018
POETRY: (Writing) since 2013
As far back as I can remember, I enjoyed reading Poetry. On a whim in August 2013 I wrote a poem. Some of my poems are autobiographical, some semi-autobiographical. Others are about how I feel about things, or are about things or I imagine things and write about them. I’ve written approx. 300 poems, all for fun!
WRITING: Since 2013
Short articles on things that interest me and observations on life. Photography Blog giving tips, exhibition reviews, thoughts on books & photographic subjects.
PAINTING: Learning Oil Painting & enjoy dabbling with Acrylic & Watercolour occasionally.
Other Art-related: Occasionally – drawing/sketching/Calligraphy/Pencil/Oil Pastels & Inktense Pencil
Networking: Regularly mix with business owners at networking events & enjoy meeting new people in the region to extend my contact sphere and to find out how we can help each other.
- BNI Power: – Joined 2016
- No Fuss Networking Small Business Macarthur: – Joined 2016
- Campbelltown Chamber Of Commerce: – Joined 2017
Getting Involved: Over the past 27 years I’ve enjoyed being involved in nearly 32 committee roles & and about 15 sub-committees roles. The best way to enjoy organisations is to ‘jump in and get your hands dirty’ and contribute. You only get out what you put in!
Reading: Ray Bradbury, Ronald Dahl, Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett. Enjoy reading Sci-Fi, Detective, Poetry, Personal & business development, Photography & other Art forms, Public Speaking.
Cacti & Succulents: My favourite plant variety. I love them due to their uniqueness and beauty and currently have over 60 potted plants ranging in height from a couple of cm to 1.5m.
Music: Favourite performers are Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band; Elvis Presley; The Beatles; Rolling Stones; Tommy Emmanuel; Status Quo; James Morrison (Trumpet); Amy Grant; Frank Sinatra; Lambchop; Galapagos Duck; Acoustic Alchemy; Vivaldi; James Brown; Stevie Ray Vaughan; The Moody Blues, 30’s – 60’s Blues, Swing, Jazz, Folk & Classical.
Websites that relate to me/Groups I am in etc:
2015 https://communicatingcreatively.wordpress.com All Rights Reserved.